The Michigan Interfaith Coalition for Palestine is requesting that communities of faith and goodwill designate the week of March 27 to April 2 as a time of prayer, meditation and reflection for a just peace in the Holy Land.
This week has been chosen because it includes Land Day, March 30. This day is an occasion on which Palestinians celebrate the life-sustaining gifts of the earth and mourn the loss of their livelihood and freedom of movement as a result of occupation. Most importantly, it is a day on which Palestinians invite people around the world to join them in working for peace with justice in the Holy Land.
Please ask for prayer, meditation and reflection for:
People living under occupation, especially Palestinians in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza who are seeing their homes seized and/or destroyed, their lands confiscated, and their mobility limited by walls and checkpoints placed inside Palestinian territory.
Palestinians who are engaged in the nonviolent struggle for freedom, justice and human dignity, along with their Israeli and international counterparts.
Israeli and Palestinian leaders in the search for a just and peaceful end to this 44-year occupation and the violence it has wrought.
Our own elected officials, that they may be imbued with wisdom, courage and integrity as they make decisions that impact the future of Israel/ Palestine.
Thank you for joining with us and the people of the Holy Land in seeking peace and justice. May all who thirst drink from the ever-flowing stream.
~ The Michigan Interfaith Coalition for Palestine ~
- Rev. Rani Abdulmasih …. Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA),Southeast Michigan Synod
- Jill Baker …. Ann Arbor Unitarian Universalists for Justice in the Middle East
- Diane Cooper …. Ann Arbor Unitarian Universalists for Justice in the Middle East
- Larry Cooper …. Ann Arbor Unitarian Universalists for Justice in the Middle East
- Rev. Jack Eggleston….. ELCA, Southeast Michigan Synod
- David Sinclair Gallagher ………….. United Church of Christ (UCC) Social Justice
- Rev. Terry Gallagher …. UCC Social Justice; CMEP Coordinator; Sacred Conversation – Detroit
- George Garcia …. Ann Arbor Unitarian Universalists for Justice in the Middle East
- Rev. Fred Harms ….. ELC in Jordan and the Holy Land Task Force, ELCA, Southeast Michigan Synod
- Carol Hylkema …. Middle East Work Group of the Social Justice and Peacemaking Ministry Team of the Presbytery of Detroit (PCUSA)
- George Khoury …. Friends of Sabeel – North America, Detroit ChapterToni Mann …. Middle East Work Group of the Social Justice and Peacemaking Ministry Team of the Presbytery of Detroit (PCUSA)
- Hasan Newash …. Palestine Cultural Office – Detroit
- Donna Matteis …. ELCJHL Task Force, ELCA, Southeast Michigan
- Terri Montgomery …. Detroit Peace Center
- Kim Redigan ….. Pax Christi – Michigan
- Dave Upmeyer …. ELCJHL Task Force, ELCA, Southeast Michigan