PCM MISSION STATEMENT: Pax Christi Michigan (PCM) builds peace and justice by articulating the ideal of Christian nonviolence, applying the Gospel of nonviolence to personal life and to the structures of society through PRAYER/STUDY/ACTION.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Candidate must oppose war and all forms of violence and embrace Catholic Social Teaching. The objective of this position is to nurture our current constituency and expand/grow the organization.
Create and maintain small Pax Christi groups; maintain office operations; liaison with PCUSA and other peace & justice groups; facilitate opportunities for the membership for Prayer, Study, and Action opportunities; develop strategies for communicating the Pax Christi message; develop youth involvement; assist with coordinating the annual conference and annual retreat; create and distribute regularly our newsletter; attend PCM state council quarterly meetings; and submit a quarterly report.
MAIN PURPOSE: To increase membership, and PCM’s presence within Michigan.
· Technological expertise: Must be fluent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, have basic database understanding, and knowledge in the use of social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
· Office skills: Skilled with writing, editing, maintaining files, answering phone calls and email well and in a timely fashion, etc.
· Demonstrated organizing skills
· Comfortable with public speaking/presentations
· Ability to work well with others in a collaborative work style & demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Has a strong peace and justice background, and embraces & understands Catholic Social Teaching
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: This will be a one year contract, contingent upon satisfactory 30 day and 6 month reviews. Contract is subject to annual renewal.
SALARY/REMUNERATION: Contract pays $14,400 per year, paid in monthly installments.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATON:
TO APPLY: Send resume and Letter of Interest to email@example.com